A Vara to call my own

Though Mama has been repeating the story of how her first Ferragamo lasted her for years, Ferragamo shoes never caught my attention that much until Mama brought back a pair of black patent shoes with the Vara bow on top. I loved it and wore it inside the house that night.

This interest in Vara pumps heightened when I joined Ferragamo as a part-timer prior to summer school. The colors were bold that season β€” bloody red, forest green and navy blue. I kept on trying the shoes in all the classic styles when the store was empty. After the job, I forgot about them.

But Mama says, when you can, get yourself a pair of the single-inch heeled Vara. It’s comfortable, it’ll last you for a long time (hers, more than a decade) and it’s just something career-proper.

The Vara pumps remind me of this senior classmate I admired back in postgrad. She was working for an investment agency, very intelligent, likeable and smartly and properly dressed. Always carrying a structured leather bag some girls would die for and always wearing chic heels.Β She wears Vara pumps.

I consider this my investment. This is what I got with my first pay.

IMG_1063

I must say that I will be looking forward to the colors that they’ll be introducing each season, now. I might try out the higher-heeled Ribes in the future.

I.Q.W.A
    May 27, 2011 at 7:43 PM

cntik! πŸ™‚

reena
    May 27, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Cantik! But i wonder kenapa purple? Why not neutral color macam hitam ke? Just curious. Hehe.

May 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM

@Iqwa Thank you πŸ™‚

@Reena I sort of expected that question haha! Would’ve loved to take the pair in black, but the hardware they carry for the classic black shoes now is brass. They no longer make them in gold (at least for the past few seasons). Personally, I think the brass buckle make the shoes look dirty, hence I avoided. This pair was the last and it’s a seasonal color I really like. I can get the neutrals some other time I guess.

Farah
    May 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM

It’s gorgeous! I’ve always admired them and the one you chose is totally unexpected in terms of colour but what a great decision! They are a worthy investment, babe πŸ™‚ Also, if you don’t mind my asking, how much did you get them for? Cos the last time I checked they were about MYR 1.7k. Are yours the same price or did you have to fork out a little extra for the colour?

May 28, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Thanks Farah. I thought it’d match a purple bag that I own. The retail price for Vara is MYR1490 for all the colors (a bit more expensive for black I think, but I didn’t check the price for that) but since Ferragamo has started the sale and Citibank cardholders get an extra 10%, I roughly got it at a 40% discount!

mollysue
    May 28, 2011 at 8:32 AM

yeahh. got ferragamo shoes for work but mummy bought for me tho.teehee. but its like an investment for me too. which i think i can use it daily to work and everywhere! cz its black. i didnt get the vara tho i bought theferragamo range. with “ferragamo” in words and its in gold.aiyoh susah nak explain πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    May 28, 2011 at 4:17 PM

(irrelevant comment)I love you new layout! sleek and neat!

Aliyah Zambri
    May 28, 2011 at 5:29 PM

40% discount? Oh my!
    I love the colour choice, Mia! Purple is totally the new black, I feel. It is more versatile than it gets credit for. Amazing investment, and totally worth the splurge! <3

May 29, 2011 at 12:31 AM

@Mollysue Is it the newer range? Share lah picture! A black pair is great alright. Like you said, you can where it everywhereeee. If I get the black vara with gold buckle I’d probably wear it everyday till it’s ruined haha.

@Anonymous Irrelevant but welcomed. Thank you! <3

@Aliyah Zambri Oh yes! On purple, I think so, too. I’ve got a feeling it’ll complement my tops with shades of purple and pink well. Thank you Aliyah πŸ™‚

ohmollysue
    May 29, 2011 at 10:36 AM

theferragamo pulak. MYferragamo. its the cheaper range for ferragamo. skrg all tak cantik sgt xcept for the cute flats.

dont know how to show u but i googled it. susah betul nak cari! hehehe.

no one will know it ferragamo tho! haha.

Nora
    May 29, 2011 at 8:21 PM

lovely lovely color!

didnt know Ferragamo,went to Isetan the Gardens,completely ignored Ferragamo store cos last year when they had a sale,people really2 thronged the store, i remember tha price of Varina was slashed from RM1.8k to RM1.2 k.

am yet to own a pair of shoes from Ferragamo, still indecisive between Varina or Vara. plus I heard many ppl complained that Varina causes blisters. Perhaps i should give Vara a try.

May 29, 2011 at 11:26 PM

@Mollysue MyFerragamo has quite comfortable flats. Your shoes look really comfortable too! No wonder you wear them often πŸ™‚

@Nora Thanks Nora. Vara’s great. Just the right height for comfort and it supports well, too. I haven’t really tried Varina properly to notice, but friends say Vara’s more feet-friendly.