The first pay

Someone asked me recently, “So, what will you get with your first pay?” and I realized that I haven’t put much thought on it. I know a big chunk of it will go to my savings. Then some of it for my carpool partner cum driver (Hello, Mama!), lots of sashimi, laundry bills, hand therapy, shower creams, delicate fabric detergent…

Sounds hardly imaginative, but I think I’m up for waiting and saving for bigger things. I want a steamer! A classic iPod! A stereo set! Tickets to somewhere! A new Powershot Pro camera! … A car with my own money, when the time comes. A house? Who knows. What can a one and a half month’s (minus what I intended to save) get me, apart from basics, really?

In my ideal world, I’d get something that I’ve loved since college, but never bothered to save up for:

Source: Balenciaga.

OMG the color! SO PREEEEEEEEETTYYYY!

Unfortunately, there’s no way that’s going to happen even in six months unless the US$ miraculously, insanely depreciates against the MYR till its US$1=MYR1.

I don’t have that much patience. I remember a girl whom I worked with at Ferragamo, just finished her SPM, worked for a year there before uni and saved a lot of her salary, that she got a big diamond ring as a gift for herself. It’s bloody RM6K. I thought she was kidding but the rest of the colleagues seemed to confirm the story.

Oh why la must pretty bags be so expensive…

What big purchase did you make when you got your first pay or what big purchase will you make when you get your first pay?

Sheila
    May 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I gave my first salary to my parents, and bought a present for my grandfather. And my aunty actually cried when she saw me handed the gift to my grandfather because she said that when I was little i told her that Im going to give both my grandparents present using my first salary. I didnt even remembered saying that, but Im glad I did. He was very happy.

Miss Aida
    May 10, 2011 at 11:54 PM

LOL, I bought a car. T_T

My first big purchase will probably be.. a camera. I really want a new one!

sri rahayu mamat
    May 11, 2011 at 12:12 AM

balenciaga..hurmm…i pon nak jugak..tapi tak mampu lagi..haha…

hudhud
    May 11, 2011 at 12:50 AM

first pay, i beli bb bold 3. and feeling dia, fuhh cant describe! 🙂 hope u get what u wish for 🙂

' Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sσrℓisค ... ,
    May 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I’ve been wanting that bag for a long time too! But I have decided not to get it because it’s way too costly =P
    Unless it’s on promo, only then… maybe… I shall get it ^.^ (lol!)

Farhanah Diman
    May 11, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Instead of this rosey colour, have you seen the one in yellow? My GOODNESS. A beauty!! It’s around £1200 in the UK and that’s roughly RM6000. I hope that gives you a good idea on how much you should put aside and… good luck! :))

Choko
    May 11, 2011 at 8:57 AM

first salary…some to the family and a new pair of shoes that i’ve been longing since school!

jingga
    May 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM

i sygg gilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my salary. byk or sikit. my first salary , i had to dahulukan my travelling for my work , 3 month baru dpt claim n all. after the 3rd month , i dah bosan nak think about what to buy. i love how money grow inside the bank. but sometimes when u work too hard , u need something in return.

to give back to ur parents also a good thing. whenever i think that its too expensive to buy something for my parents, then i look back , they spent a lot!! like a lot! so why not. even if u buy a balenciaga for ur mom also its not a bad present afterall. seriously.

p/s: i have nothing to do with ur mom. hahaha. :p

eye*da
    May 11, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Hi miasuraya:)

First pay is the most exciting part in our life. Of course, parents come first and then a reward for yourself. I got myself a Loewe. But, sooooo sayang nak guna:P Used it few times only. And now, the Loewe is the best friend of my closet:)

Katjugs
    May 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I’ve been working even when I was studying so I always had a bit of money but my first proper salary, I treated my family to a big feast! Good luck saving up for your bag!

May 11, 2011 at 7:17 PM

@Sheila That is so sweet of you! So admirable 🙂 My boyfriend suggested that I give a big sum of my pay to my parents. I guess I’ll give them a portion of it and belanja the whole family makan and movie tickets on weekend hehe. Should get my grandparents something, too. Thanks for the reminder :)))

@Aida A car, you serious?! Give me your camera. I remember you using it at Malam gemilang. I want it!! Haha.

@Sri Rahayu Samalah kita! Marilah save duit sama-sama.

@Hudhud I want a new phone jugak! Cey suma pun nak kan. Wait till this one dah uzur betul-betul. Thank you for the wish!

@Sorlisa I know right. I wish it’s half the price. Then boleh la puasa shop for a few months ke.

@Farhanah Diman I did – they really have nice colors now, don’t they? I checked out the UK and US site. I love the rose gold hardware most! Buying them from US is more affordable I think, I’m surprised that it’s GBP1200 there. It was extremely pricey in Australia and Japan so no point looking there. I really should start a Giant City account for saving purposes haha!

@Choko Ooh, since school! Lamanya you waited! I wonder what shoes they were 🙂

@Jingga You make me feel like waiting a lot longer. My mom’s already claiming a certain amount for herself so yeah, I’ve already put aside for parents. Tapi kalau beli a Balenciaga bag memang tak la!!!! Wait in five years ok, Ma!

“p/s: i have nothing to do with ur mom. hahaha. :p” – HAHAHAHAHA!!

@Eye*da A Loewe bag! So nice! That’s the thing with buying something you love sangat, sangat kan? They end up as your closet’s best friends!! Utilize it la, kesian die.