My Tod’s Winter Boots

IMG_1902

I’ve been looking for a pair of boots to withstand cold, yet be comfortable enough to be worn here. I don’t have boots or proper walking shoes. Most of the time, I’ve been borrowing my mom’s. But since I’ll only be free to travel during colder seasons, it’s time to get my own.

NAP has a wide range of choices for boots – from flat to middle to high-heeled and to ankle, knee and thigh-high boots – but I’m a skeptic when it comes to shoe sizes. It’s harder to determine whether the fit of any particular shoe would suit a person. The last pair I ordered online needed Scholl’s Party Feet gel shields (amazing thing!), in order not to slip. I suppose if you’re not very willing to buy online, browsing for inspiration is still good.

It was a coincidence when I saw this last pair at Tod’s recently. It’s almost like the pair of boots I’ve been admiring. Felt amazing as I slipped it on. Leather’s thick, but soft enough – making it comfortable to wear even when it’s above the ankle. It’s flat, just practical for strolling or catching trains. The thick rubber soles and knobs will enable the boots to withstand a lot of walk.

Took time to think about it. A pair of well-made boots is a good investment, given that it’s worn every now and then and properly cared for. I got it the next day. I’m excited to wear it – approximately in five days.

Boots, check!

Anonymous
    December 17, 2011 at 8:53 PM

hi! what camera are you using? it takes beautiful pictures i must say 🙂

aishah zain
    December 18, 2011 at 8:35 AM

arrghhh , sakit hati!!!!! btw , nice boots la. arrrghhhh!!

Anonymous
    December 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Did you have fb account name Diana Afieyra?

December 18, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Hello and thanks. It’s a Canon EOS 550D.

December 18, 2011 at 11:12 PM

@Aishah Next time check your Whatsapp and Facebook inbox more frequently. March trip is still accepting travellers 😉

@Anonymous LOL. And out of all names. No, not me.

Flower
    December 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Love your boots sis. Look so garang. The last boots I bought for myself for Perth winter was an OTK boots.

Anonymous
    December 19, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Someone is trying to be you and RNS. She said that she’s 17 and studying in Melbourne. And I saw RNS fake account, the relationship is separated. And Diana Afieyra posted that she’ll coming back to Malaysia on Feb for RNS engagement? Like seriously?

And I told her that I think she’s trying to be you, she said that I don’t know her families.

She stole all your pictures with RNS and your lil sister plus the pictures with Reza.

I asked her whether is she the real you? She said that I don’t know her families. Huh? Point?

I’m sorry for that,
    I just hate stalkers.

December 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM

@Flower Thanks. I wanted something like your boots at first, but the ones I’ve tried were not kind to my feet. Hence, the garang boots 😉

@Anonymous Send me the links. Probably the same offender.

Anonymous
    December 20, 2011 at 2:15 PM

She blocked me and I can’t see her fb. I think that she has changed her name cause I asked my friend to search but couldn’t find any. Sorry.

She’s pathetic cause trying to be someone else!

Anonymous
    December 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM

What do you mean by the same offender? Anyway, you look like NonaBunga. Come to know your blog from hers.