The unsent bracelets

IMG_5646

Some bracelets and cuffs that can’t be hung on my bracelet board. I think they look good together.
Bracelets are something I’ve consistently loved for years. Though I think I could do with less clothes or bags, I don’t look at bracelets the same way. I get obsessed, though I don’t simply buy them unless they go with my style.

Among my favorite designers — well, I have a small list, actually — is CC Skye. I’ve been buying the bracelets from online accessories stores, but last month I made an order with CC Skye directly. They were having a sample sale and since a lot of the bracelets I wanted wasn’t available on the website, I enquired via email.

After the order, I received and heard nothing from them for more than two weeks. A couple of unreplied emails later, I was led to express my frustration on Twitter. Found out soon that my order was overlooked. They tried to rectify the issue, but later told me that they’re not shipping my goods because they found that (1) I tweeted about not receiving my goods (which was true and no, no profanity was involved) and because (2) I filed a dispute on Paypal after more than two weeks (what I usually do – and what you should do – after not receiving or hearing anything from a seller for two to three weeks). The Paypal dispute resolution is used for buyers to protect themselves in case the seller doesn’t ship your goods. Within the period they provide, buyers and sellers are supposed to communicate and resolve the matter. From the emails, they just seemed like they didn’t care.

Seriously, how many people actually complain on services or goods on Twitter? I didn’t even mention their Twitter handle or post a negative comment on their Facebook. Imagine TM disconnecting our internet lines because we complain about their services on Twitter!

It was a huge put off, although my money was refunded. If you can’t deal with buyers directly, then don’t say you can in the first place.

From having several CC Skye bracelets on my wish list, I just feel like not supporting them at all. So my attention’s shifted back to Vita and Joomi Lim. Will take a while for me to cool off, but if I ever want another CC Skye bracelet, I know I won’t get it from their own website.

reena
    February 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Love all your bracelet, Mia!

Nina
    February 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Hi Mia! I love all your bracelets. I myself am a fan of them. One thing about them though,they’re so hard to organize along with my other accessories.. Would you be a doll and give me ideas? Perhaps a picture of your accessory table so i can get some ideas on how to organize them LOL. That last part’s totally optional! Thanks Mia!!

Nora
    February 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

that’s so frustrating. they’d rather not ship the bracelet just because of a tweet. how professional cc skye! (if i were u, i’d be worried too. 2 weeks of waiting tuhh)

anyways, HoH’s aztec bangle in khaki is sooo umpphhh.(cannot wait to get one)

February 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM

@Reena Thanks Reena!

@Nina I used to have this bracelet holder sourced online to place all my bracelets, but have stopped using it since I use my bracelets less because of it – hard to get them out once they’ve been stacked. It’s a good way to keep them organized, though. I hang leather bracelets on a cork board I got from IKEA.

@Nora Sigh, you bet! To think that I was hoping for a parcel every day. Oooh the khaki bangle is beautiful. Very subtle and chic.

La Belle Vita
    February 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

hye dear,can u tell me where did u get those house of harlow aztec bangles?been looking for tat long time..i dun think there’s any shop here in malaysia hv tat right?tq dear 🙂

February 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Hello. Go to ShopBop.com. They’re very fast, too.

La Belle Vita
    February 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM

hi mia,ya i heard bout shopbop n i think they charged some interest or sumthing kn?may i know how much?

February 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM

You mean sales tax? You can opt for them to be included before checking out so that you won’t have to face them later here 🙂 I wouldn’t know how much, though, since that depends on what you buy.