Wellbeing

That awkward jab

I’ve been having these really bad headaches for the past few days, so bad that I had trouble concentrating in the office. It’s that time of the month, but I don’t recall having it this bad for years! It was the worst two days ago, up to the point that I had to take an MC yesterday. I told the doctor that the previous doctor’s painkillers weren’t working, so this doctor offered me a jab!

I was ready to offer my arm when she told me to lie down on that flat bed and show some skin underneath the waist. Hold up. Although I’ve heard of stories (including a former classmate who had really bad gastritis, that he’d often drive up to the clinic just to get injected), I never get injections there.

“Cucuk kat mana?”

She signaled.

“Tapi saya period!!!”

“Bukan nak cucuk dekat SITU!”

LOL.

“Kenapa tak cucuk kat tangan?”

“Kalau cucuk dekat tangan awak mana boleh, tulang!”

ROFL HAHAHA.

Take a jab, she said. It works faster, she said. But even after getting a shot, my headache was still there, unfortunately. It took a pill from the clinic that’s labelled “MIGRAINE” to make it go away. At least I’m back!

azreenChan
    June 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I received one when I had a really bad allergic reaction. The doctor was a male doctor. T^T

And I kept imagining crying babies on a table getting a jab from doctor – which I failed to know why.

June 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

That’s even more awkward.

Crying babies HAHAHAHAHA!!!

oops did I just say that?
    June 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Funny, they can’t cucuk my arms because *cough*cough banyak lemak! but I think it’s because my veins are just tiny n r buried underneath the layers of “muscles”

hope u’re feeling better now!:)

June 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Cet. The reasons they come up with! I looked it up the other day. Supposedly injections involving painkillers at the hips hurt less and work faster.

Ooh, feeling a lot better now, thank you :)

The Adlin
    June 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM

actually doesnt really matter on the arm or buttock or thigh as long as they are muscles, not bone nor fats. usually if the medication is more than 1ml,we’ll jab the buttock to avoid the formation of hematoma (collection of blood within muscles)…
    get well soon!

June 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Thanks for clarifying, doctor :)