Asna

Ponies

Asna’s obsession with My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic has gotten to a stage where she talks, draws, thinks and dreams about it 24/7. During the weekend she’s like a zombie in front of the computer, playing My Little Pony games, watching My Little Pony videos and sharing My Little Pony links on Facebook.

It’s disturbing to be happily having dinner after a long day… then suddenly have a kid pop out of nowhere saying:

“Cikyong, why don’t you do the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic personality test? Then you’d know which pony is most like you!”

Or worse, start telling stories of what Pinky Pie or Twilight Sparkle did in some random episode she found of Youtube.

And nowadays, everything is ‘magic’.

The other day I was giving her advice about treating her friends better. Response:

“Friendship… is magic”

“Loyalty… is magic”

Or the time she handed me a nice nailclipper she got from a wedding:

“Wow, are you giving me this nice nailclipper? So nice of you, Asna!”

Her calm response:

“Generosity… is magic”

WTH -_- Somebody please help her, it’s like she’s under a spell!

“So you’ve got My Little Ponies and have abandoned Digimon now. Patamon will be so disappointed of you!”

Like a diva, she responded:

“I still dream of Digimon, you know”

bee
    September 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM

my 25 years old GUY friend lovessssssssss my little pony! maybe he n asma should become bestfriend! haha 😛

October 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Oh god. He admits it?!

bee
        October 2, 2012 at 11:54 PM

yes! he even has the pictures of all the ponies on his laptop wallpaper!!! crazy right?!

October 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM

That’s nuts -_-

Nsybt
    October 1, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Salam,

I saw on Teens React (on youtube) an episode they did on Teens React to My Little Ponies. Just to echo commenter Bee, the producers of the show mentioned that apparently My Little Ponies…Friendship is Magic is actually a hit among early to mid 20s male. The more you know eh.

Anyhow, am mostly a silent reader, stumbled to your blog since your post about halalness of Sushi King. I love the composition of your photos, plus they always remind me of freshness (dunno why). Thanks for sharing with the readers.

October 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Wsalam. After reading ‘Bronies’ related posts on 9GAG, I sort of had an idea of this. Just read an article on men’s interest on MLP:FIM, too. These guys even collect the pony toys from McDonald’s! Must say I’m curious to know why they’re so into the show… but I won’t start watching just yet.

Appreciate your thoughts. Thank you for the comment and for visiting this blog.

bee
      October 2, 2012 at 11:55 PM

oh really? wow..there must be something between those ponies and men! hehehe