Black ballerina flats

Something I’d invest in? A pair of practical, versatile, comfortable and well-made flats. Despite the many visual benefits of heels, over the years I have found that I have low tolerance for pain. Decided that I’m not willing to sacrifice that much for sake of fashion… or height. While I’d grab a pair of more affordable 3 1/2 inch heels for events and occasions, on-the-go I’d reach for and run in my trusted black flats.

DSC05634

While my black Dior ballerina flats are the most comfortable and durable of all of the more aesthetically-pleasing shoes I own (they’ve survived dirt and rain for the past two years), I wouldn’t say it is the best. Without proper arch support, even flats can fail the feet. I’m still looking for ‘the one’.

LanvinBallet

I’m intrigued by this pair of Lanvin ballerina flats at the moment. They’re said to be impeccably made. The soft lamb leather quickly breaks in and molds to a person’s feet, helping avoid blisters and bunions. The shoes have a hidden wedge and padded insole for support, making them more comfortable than those without. It’s a classic pair which will stay in the long run. Love the fact that there are no labels or logo outside. Very understated.

However, with the price tag of £270 (available here at Net-A-Porter), careful consideration is needed! That’s a problem though, as they aren’t available here in KL for me to try or inspect. Buying online for the sake of trying (and then returning if they don’t deliver the hype) seems too risky.

Oh well, maybe I just need to keep looking.

Malin
    September 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I love my Tory Burch Reva Flats. The leather is yum (as long as you stick to the classic Nappa; heard the others may cause blisters ie Metallic or Patent).

Nora
      September 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM

malin, im considering of getting reva too! hehe hows the sizing? is it true to size?

Malin
        September 9, 2012 at 7:26 PM

with the Nappa, I read (on Purseforum) that it’s true to size but I buy a half size up because I have wide feet. am usually a 36.5 but with the Reva, the 37 fits better on me in the front and my heel doesn’t pop out everytime I walk because the back is elasticated. u will love it too!

Nora
          September 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

thanks for the tip malin! looking forward to buy my first reva! 😉

September 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try slipping them on if I ever encounter them overseas. Eh, or are they in Malaysia already?

Marina
    September 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Try Tod’s or Cole Haan

September 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I haven’t had luck with the two so far. I get blisters. My mom finds them okay so I’m starting to think it’s my feet.

Your Europe Shopper
    September 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

am finding this post and reader’s comments here very useful. hopefully my search for the ‘one’ will end soon too!

September 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Good to know and good luck! 🙂

Mrs allan
    September 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I love my Lanvin. I selalunya beli 0.5 size bigger sebab I suka kasut, especially yg ada elastic gather like that to be a bit bigger. I tak suka elastic tu too ketat. Lanvin leather is to die for and of course, they have concealed heels…

September 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Hello. Thank you for the comment! Once I buy a pair of black flats, I wear them almost every other day. Do you think the flats can withstand a lot of wear?