Sparkle shoes are mine!

I find it ironic how my mom would lecture me about spending when I buy new things, yet when she encounters something nice and discounted, she would be the one calling me up and asking me whether I wanted it, telling me “It’s okay, you can pay me later.”

I am not often swayed by retail promotions and discounts (unless they’ve been on my wish list for quite some time), but I’ve bought several things I don’t need – including pleasant smelling Crabtree & Evelyn shampoo and conditioner which irritated the hell out of my scalp — just because I can’t say no to her offers.

Last week at French Sole, I abstained from checking out or admiring any of the flats because I know that I can’t afford them at the moment.

“You sure you don’t want any? Takpe la Mama bayar dulu, then you pay me back later.”

“No, I’m broke.”

I was firm even when I had the basic ballerina flats in mind. I need to save for my upcoming trips!

_MG_8215

I came back empty handed, while she bought the glitter flats – they were the most outstanding out of the whole bunch.

Went home and blogged about her new shoes that night (see the post here). I’ve a faint suspicion that she read it, because the next day my mom sent me a text in the morning.

“Can you fit in the shoes I bought yesterday? They’re size 39. The shoes suit you better than me.”

What is this, buyer’s remorse?

“If you want, you can pay me monthly.”

SERIOUSLY? -_-‘

“But I still owe you for the car maintenance.”

“Itu lain cerita. Boleh kira lain. Nak tak kasut tu?”

“Can la. How much is the total?”

FAIL. I can’t say no to her installment plan more than the shoes! T.T

“You can just pay Mama RM300 for the shoes. If you want me to help you send them to a cobbler to thicken the soles, add RM60.”

WTF she even offered me a package to go with them HAHAHAHAHA!

So that’s how the ownership of the multicolor glitter flats was transferred to me. The fact that the flats are in multicolor makes them quite versatile, really. I’ve no qualms as to whether they would look good with my wardrobe. Question is, when and where on earth shall I wear them now?

Zaahira
    February 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Hehe! I tried on those glitter flats at French Sole too, but i shall keep those dreams of owning one tuck deep inside my head for now lol. But i have a pair of glitter flats myself that i bought from a good sale, couldn’t resist :3.

PS: did you happen to see the Queen’s Jubilee glitter flats? SO Cinderella!

February 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Hi Zaahira! They’re precious aren’t they? Your flats must look fabulous – I think my mom got the French Sole flats at a discount, too. I’ve seen the Queen’s Jubilee flats – Cinderella was my thought, too X)

her
    February 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM

aiyyaaa cool la your mama. hello auntie! (in case she reads the comment section as well)

passed by french sole last week but never had the guts to go into the store. 1. my most expensive shoes was from nike, (itu pun sebab i need a comfortable shoes for my holiday), i never own any shoes beyond that price range, 2. i’m afraid i’m gonna fall in love with at least 1 of the shoes and i have to spend THAT much money, haha kedekut sangat!

your glitter shoes are so pretty! MUST. NOT. BUY. ONE.

February 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Samalah. I used to go into shops, now I don’t because I don’t want to lengthen my wish list, so I walk away!

But if it helps, sign up to the newsletter at the shop. Now I get informed of discounts via email and text before they even start! 😉

Nazneen Zainal
    February 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I have sparkle flats and I wear them casually 🙂

February 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I would expect that from you X) But I think I’ll wear them casually and indoors 🙂

Eikha Z.
    February 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I have a pair Mia and I just wear them everywhere, even for lunch date with friends. Pretty bold but they’re too gorgeous to be denied your love, hehe.

February 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM

“Too gorgeous to be denied your love” – I like that hahaha. Thanks Eikha!

fatin
    February 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Cool itu kasut but the priceeee…arghh..pengsan…but..may add into wishlist after delivered 🙂

March 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Sign up to the wishlist. They often let subscribers know when they’re offering discounts and all 😀

Sarah M.
    February 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM

It looks gorgeous on you.. thank you auntie for offering it to mia hehehe 😀

March 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Hahaha thank you 🙂

Hamhar Ismail
    February 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I thought only Asna is funny in our family but your mom as well hehehe 🙂

March 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM

You haven’t heard of my Bibik (well, she is part-family).

Anis
    February 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Hi mia! May I know how much does the flats cost? I’ve been wanting to owe one pair since forever!

March 2, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I’m not sure. I didn’t take note of the price, but I’m guessing around RM550 after the discount.

Jen
    May 28, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Hello Mia,

I realize this post was two years back, and now that it’s 2015, i would like to know did the glitters fall of from the flat? is it still in shape? how often do you wear them?

Thank you so much for your feedback, am looking into getting one. It fits me perfectly like a cinderella heels. But i’m afraid it won’t last long based on the hefty price we are paying.

May 28, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Have probs worn it less than 30 times. The glitter does fall, but only by a little bit. It doesn’t affect the look of the shoes at all — those properly glued on the shoe really do stay. Mine are still in great shape so go get em!

sgrmse.
    October 24, 2015 at 7:20 AM

your mom sounds like my mom lah. haha! love ’em to bits though. they always mean well but they are the gateway to all temptations(!!)