Sparkle shoes

This was my first French Sole crush – a pair of Henrietta flats embellished with multicolor glitter. I thought they’d be a perfect match to Anya Hindmarch’s Valorie clutch. Considered getting them, but since I’ve pledged to have a minimalistic wardrobe, I passed. Brought home a pair of basic black flats instead.

On one Sunday not so long ago, my mom told me that she was looking for new walking shoes that’d be good enough for travelling. Instead of visiting the stores that we’d usually go to, I suggested that we drop by at French Sole to have a look. Having seen how really flat my flats were, though, she was skeptical.

Fortunately, she found a pair of good-looking walking shoes that she really liked and were a lot more comfortable than the shoes there (they’re called Gabi, now a pair she wears regularly). Not long after that, she returned to the shop and got herself a pair of metallic silver wedges (they’re called Pamplonne). I’d catch her clicking away on the French Sole website, too!

Looks like someone’s obsessed.

Today we went into the store again. On the display windows and shelves were beautiful shoes embellished with glitter in different colors. Being well aware of how broke I am, I tried none. My mom, on the other hand, was actively trying out a few pairs and reached out to… the multicolor glitter flats!

Earlier on I wouldn’t have thought that she would wear them in a million years, but long story short, she actually bought the shoes! We share the same shoe size, so you know what that means 😉

Just now she was asking about the Valorie clutch. Could this mean something?

missy allan
    February 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Have you tried Lanvin flat. Very comfortable. Ada hidden heels. I suka sebab leather dia really soft. Made of lamb skin ke apa. Try la…

February 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Not yet. Want to but haven’t the chance to try it yet. Tak berani beli from Net-A-Porter in fear of purchasing the wrong size. Maybe I’ll check if they’re available in Tokyo.

But thanks. Will definitely consider.

missy allan
        February 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I berani beli a few from net-a-porter sbb ada free return. Here in Perth tak de Lanvin. Bila ada sale aja, I terus grab. For lanvin my size between 37 or 37.5. Sbb dia ada gather elastic tak payah sangat.

February 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

How do you find the width? I’ve saved it on my Net-A-Porter wishlist!

missy allan
            February 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Width, my kaki size M. So kira ngam2. Kat http://www.matchesfashion.com pun ada a few yg cantik. I suka yg yellow tu. But net-a-porter still my fav. Senang betul nak return.

February 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Okay. M is my size. Boleh kot. Thanks! I tunggu sale notification je ni hehe.