Asna

Cover-up

Asna remembers Vivy and her visit to the then newly set-up FashionValet very fondly (read post here). So when I told her that Vivy has recently started wearing the hijab, she was excited to see.

“I just met Vivy. Told you she’s now wearing tudung right. Do you want to see?”

“Show me.”

And then I showed her the picture.

“Aww. So pretty!”

Then she stared at me disapprovingly.

“Why don’t YOU wear tu-dong?!”

-_-‘

I asked her back.

“What??? Why don’t YOU wear tudung?!”

Then she asked me back.

“You lah! Why don’t YOU wear tu-dong?!”

And you can imagine how it went on and on.

When she was tired of arguing, she lied down, recalled of a picture of me donning the hijab which she thought ugly and slowly said:

“But you look better like this. With hair.”

That’s surely motivating, Asna.

FF
    October 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Love your jacket / blazer! Where did you get that beauty? 🙂

October 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Thank you! It’s an old Zara knit cardigan.

FF
    October 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM

*where did you get that beauty from?

kk
    October 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Comment moderated.

October 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I think she still looks good. Gaining pahala summore.

anon
        October 30, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Personally, i think kk’s comment is uncalled for and you shouldn’t have published it. Don’t you think for a second that petty comments like that may deeply hurt vivy’s feelings regardless of you “standing up” for her in your reply? You monitor comments for a reason.

October 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM

She’s completely cool with the comment. I think she’s a lot stronger than that, more than you give her credit for.

But to avoid “deeply hurting” other people’s feelings, regardless, the comment has been hidden.

anon
            October 31, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I saw your comment before you deleted it and posted the above more politically correct reply. Point is: She has just started wearing the headscarf and openly discussed about her insecurities in looking right. If she reads your blog and sees the comment, it’ll definitely hurt her feelings, as if she isn’t getting enough “i don’t like your new look” on her own social sites. Instead of simply saying you “think she’s a lot stronger than that”, imagine you are the one bombarded with comments criticizing your looks. One comment may be okay but cumulatively? Wouldn’t it hurt? Congratulations on crystallizing the egg issue in a blogpost. It shows how low you can get. With or without the hijab, your look pales in comparison with hers.

October 31, 2013 at 2:39 AM

My goodness. She and I have spoken about the post she wrote. She has read the comment that has so angered you and has no issue with it being published. She has assured me that she is not affected. Chill.

A reasonable person wouldn’t have taken the comment seriously, HENCE I responded the comment in GOOD FAITH, in her defense, pointing out that people can criticize all they want, but it doesn’t matter because she gets pahala — something I’ve said to her directly.

After a while, you would, too, learn how to dismiss and take certain things lightly.

Blogreader
            November 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Anon, you’re ridiculous.

Min-Ann
            November 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Uh-oh. Someone got her panties in a bunch. Why are you so worked up about defending Vivy? And I saw KK’s comment before it was hidden. Your comment is just as stupid as KK’s.

Zalikha
    October 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM

haha..Asna…asna…insyallah in time babe…me too 🙂