Asna

Mama loves me more

Everyone at home pokes fun at Asna sometimes — especially my brother and I. One time she got fed up and complained to our parents:

“I hate being the youngest. Everyone bullies me!”

She was angry for a while. After that our parents consoled her, telling her that it’s okay to be the youngest, because Mama and Babah love her the most.

After that she was fine.

“So you still hate being the youngest?”

“No, Mama and Babah love me more because I’m the youngest!”

She says it very proudly until today. Even used it as a weapon in a weak attempt to annoy her siblings.

So last night I entered their bedroom. Dad was trying to have a nap on the massage chair, while my mum was surfing on her iPad mini on the bed. Asna was there, lying beside my mum, holding her arms. When she saw me, Asna held my mum’s arm tighter.

She raised her eyebrows, smug.

“Mama loves me more than she loves you.”

Again -_-‘

Time for rebuttal:

“No. She loves me more because she made pizza for me when I was a child. Does she make pizza for you?”

“But she always buys me my favorite food.”

“She doesn’t cook for you. She cooked for me.”

(In actual truth it’s really because we didn’t have a long-term maid, back then.)

She still wanted to fight:

“Mama loves me more because I’m the youngest. She spends more time with me and I get more attention!”

“No, she’s only spent a little more than 9 years with you. She’s been paying attention to me for more than 26 years.”

She was babbling at that point, started to make less sense. My dad was on the massage chair still, with eyes closed, but smiling. My mum was already chuckling. Throughout, they didn’t interfere the childish bickering. It was just Asna and I.

But before I left the room, I told her:

“Mama loves me more, that’s why she gave birth to me first. Why do you think you were born last?”

“Hmph!”

She can try, but she can’t win.

theaccidentalwife
    March 24, 2014 at 3:00 AM

loving the new look, amira! very clean and minimalistic. have a great monday, dear!

March 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Thank you. You have a good Monday, too!

aa
    March 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Your last statement – win!! Kesian asna.

March 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Thanks lol.

Max
    March 24, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Mia. This is not related to this story, but when can you update us on your light blue dress that was worn in one of your receptions? i love how it looks on you and would maybe have one of similar nature some day. just thought of it since I did come across one of your post or statement if I am not mistaken about you wanting to write about the blue dress.

and besides that, I have read your story regarding your endometriosis. I hope everything will be fine inshaAllah for you, Mia. I hope everything goes well with your new checkup with the 2nd doctor!

March 26, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hi Max. Thanks for reminding me. Got the pictures, but have yet to blog about my wedding dress (even the wedding lol)! Expect it soon?

Thanks for the wish. It did go well, I think.

shida idris
    March 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM

mia, i super love the new look. sapa buat, u sendiri buat atau tempah?

March 26, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Thank you, Shida! This one, I bought. I may have tweaked the HTML and CSS for the previous blog, but decided that here on WordPress, I’ll depend on the pros hehe.