Pumps for work

I bought new pumps for work after so long.

IMG_2560

Just before going back to work, I hit the mall to look for a new pair of shoes for work. The flats I’ve been using for more than 1 year (also the last pair of shoes I bought) have been used so often that it’s beat up.

So I started looking for the shoes. Me looking for shoes is a big deal since my shoe-buying frequency now is like… 1 pair a year?

(Impulsive shopping days are long gone.)

My target? A pair of basic heels that won’t hurt (the Ferragamos I have at home now sadly do). Heels because I wish to look more office appropriate this year. Ooh they must be reasonably priced, too.

It’s so hard to look for basic black pumps that are comfortable — the reason why I’ve been wearing flats for so long is because buying heels’s been so challenging lately. Maybe because my threshold for pain reduced or something.

After going to several shops, I ended up going to Isetan because the choices were better there. Shoes for wide feet (or rather… bunions) were available at one part of the store. These shoes focus more on function rather than fashion, so they’ve got thicker and more solid heels but most of them look ugly.

Tried a few, but I settled for a pair of pumps with mid heels that are relatively comfortable and still OK-looking from Geox, a brand I trust and it was at 1/2 price.

So yay, new working heels. Suddenly I feel taller than most people lololol.

Been wearing them to work this week. After a while of walking my feet still hurt in them FML but I’m hoping that this is an adjusting period for my feet, considering that I’ve been wearing flats for the past few years 99% of the time.

May the force be with my feet.

What comfortable and good-looking work-appropriate shoes do you guys own?

Farah
    January 9, 2015 at 6:24 AM

Find anything made in Japan Mia!! I can guarantee it fits and it last for quite a long time!

January 11, 2015 at 6:14 PM

What brands do you recommend? They only Japanese shoemaker I know is Onitsuka Tigers lol.

Syahrain
    January 9, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Clarks… Sometime u need a thin socks, can get from guardian 🙂

Aina
    January 9, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Hi Mia, i would like to suggest a quaint shoe shop at Ampang Park called Neva. They produce really good quality pumps that are very comfy and its reasonably priced, too.
    They even have Ferragamo inspired pumps lol.
    But really, their shoes are comfy! Easily beats my overpriced hush puppies pumps that bites my feet grrr

January 11, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Thanks babe! Will check it out when I go there… since you say that it easily beats Hush Puppies.

Mel
    January 9, 2015 at 10:23 AM

I decided to invest in a pair of Geox ballet flats for work and everyday (I walk a lot since I use public transport and hardly change shoes) so I thought might as well get something comfortable since I have back issues and don’t want to worse it with heels. It’s hard leather and the first few weeks were torture, had to do the hairdryer trick multiple times to get the shoes to stretch. They were comfortable for a while (compared to my regular ballet flats with thin soles where I can feel the stones on the pavements and my feet get so sore after a long day of walking). But now I find the hard leather presses against the bone jutting out at the back of my heel, it’s such an odd sensation kind of like the bone is sore but not painful. Now I’m just annoyed that I paid so much for a pair of shoes and they hurt ugh hope you have better luck with your pair! Will probably swear off hard leather shoes after this.

January 11, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Thank you. I’ll keep that in mind. I think I’ve learned to stay off hard leather and hoping that it’ll break in.

annurdaud
    January 9, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Mia, i get you. Its such a disappointment as my ferragamo flats do hurt too.! :’| they all end up in boxes and in the car.
    For me, I am using coach heels to work. always getting them at really good prices and gosh they are super soft and very comfortable (for me, I’ve got mini bunion issues). I’ve been wearing them for a year plus already, and the shoes have minimal signs of wear & tear. Its not the tallest heels, i think ts about an inch and a half, 2 inch most platform heels. But they’re great.! So thankful i got them.

January 11, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Supersoft, friendly to bunions with minimal signs of wear and tear eh? That sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

Asyq
    January 9, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Well I don’t work in office so I’m not sure how office ladies shoes usually wear. but I do own a pair of 5″ peep toe pumps, dinner-appropriate from rockport, my very first heel. They are so comfortable I swear I can play tennis in them. They also have normal toe covered black pumps too, the stewardess type (should be work appropriate).

I also swear by Clark’s, but the design somehow is too “old lady” for me. Own a Mary Jane from them, 5 years later I’m still running in it, but yeah maybe cause I do alternate my shoes.

January 11, 2015 at 5:23 PM

I love Clark but “old lady” shoes is also my issue with most of the shoes hahaha. Googling Rockport. Thank you!

R
    January 9, 2015 at 7:21 PM

I owned a pair of Fendi heels that were super comfortable and I loved so much that I wore them almost everyday to work for about 3 years! It eventually gave up on me and split on the sides loll. RIP shoes…

January 11, 2015 at 9:53 AM

RIP. That’s a long lifespan for a shoe used daily to work! Which shoes were these? I’d like to check it out!

Adelia
    January 10, 2015 at 5:30 PM

How do you do that?? 1 shoe a year? Salute!

January 11, 2015 at 9:52 AM

I think it’s like people who go to clubs in college days and at one point they got sick of it and stop. That’s probably my relationship with shopping. I think I shopped too much at one point of time when I was younger and now I just… don’t X)

Azi
    January 13, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Rockport is a nice comfortable and moderately stylish shoe brand that can gives u options in searching for your working shoes. I always want a pair of pump shoes but i can never find a comfortable one (mini bunion issues), but i tried one when i was in JPO’s Rockport, and it is comfortable i am half deciding to buy it. I just need a reason to wear it. Good Luck!

February 4, 2015 at 8:43 PM

Thank you Azi. Another vote for Rockport 🙂

WeeN
    January 14, 2015 at 8:59 AM

I think the best one I have tried is a pair from Rockport, the ones with the Adidas Adiprene insoles, they’re about maybe an 1.5 inches but oh so comfy! I sometimes run up and down the stairs in them! Hehe.. The taller ones felt comfortable when I tried them as well, but I went for the shorter ones, because i’m quite clumsy. 😛

February 4, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Thanks babe, sounds promising. Will check them out!