Ripped boyfriend jeans

The boyfriend jeans made its comeback some years ago. When they arrived on the shelves of the stores I go to, I rejected them outright.

Although Katie Holmes was fabulously wearing hers, I was always thinking, that even when she looks good in her boyfriend jeans, she’d always look better in skinny jeans. I applied that to myself, too, thinking that even if I look good in any other cuts, I’d look better in skinny jeans. So why even bother attempting?

Lately though, I’ve started warming up to boyfriend jeans — the ripped ones. Saw them online but I wasn’t completely sure that I’d wear it. Figured I’ll just check it out at the stores.

At Topshop, I saw a pair of bleached and savagely ripped boyfriend jeans. It looks better than the other boyfriend jeans around.

Topshop Ripped Boyfriend Jeans

Grabbed and tried it on and I felt so cool. It had a good color, decent amount of rips and it was the right length. It’s very comfortable, too.

I already knew how I’d wear it — with a loose white top and a black city bag. Coooool. So I bought it!

Showed it to everyone in the house and received mixed reactions lol.

P9530187

Sometimes I try it on again and I feel like it’s too OTT, but this feeling shall pass. I will (try to) rock it.

(If I don’t, I’ll get an exchange.)

aa
    February 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Sorry mia but I think u look better in skinny jeans. This one is a bit too big on u, especially at the crotch. It looks a bit unflattering. Maybe the cutting is not right for u.

Mich
      February 9, 2015 at 9:45 AM

I cant see which part is too big. Even so, thats what boyfriend jeans are all about! I think it looks fine on her.

February 9, 2015 at 8:57 PM

I don’t think boyfriend jeans are meant for the female body at all TBH, they don’t hug like skinny jeans do and it’s not meant to flatter… but I think I look good in it anyway lol.

SAM
    February 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM

I love this! Been looking high and low for good ripped jeans but they don’t seem to fit me well or if it does, I don’t fancy the colour. This one looks promising with the exact colour I’ve been coveting, might go to Topshop soon to try it out! Thanks Mia!

February 9, 2015 at 8:58 PM

You’re welcome. They’re also having an offer on jeans, too, right now, so it’s a good time to buy!

sgrmse.
    February 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM

my mom couldn’t stop poking fun of me the day i bought my first ripped jeans. she kept saying “who pays good money for ripped clothing???” LOL!

Syahrain
    September 5, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Just bought a ripped BF jeans from h&m yesterday. Inspired by you.. Cant wait to wear it❤️