Dior So Real

I’ve been thinking of getting myself new glasses, because wearing contact lenses can tire the eye too much sometimes. I’ve gone to several opticians, but to look for modern frames is rather challenging. Sherly suggested that I go to Reliance Optical at Bangsar, because they have great pairs at great prices. So while waiting for Reza to finish work, I stopped by the store.

Damn son. The ones they had on display were enough to make my jaw drop. I’ve never seen so many of the latest sunglasses displayed in one place in KL! They were from brands I’ve heard of, but hardly see here.

So for the 1st 30 minutes I tried on different frames from Marni, Loewe, Salt etc. I still couldn’t make up my mind. Haven’t been wearing clear glasses for a few years now, so everything looks weird on me… I think.

Then macam biasa, got distracted and was looking at the sunglasses inside the shop instead. The sales dude introduced me to the one he thought would suit me. I love this the most:

Dior So Real Rose Gold

The Dior So Real. It’s sort of like a rounded aviator, the frame plated with rose gold and the mirrored lenses in dark blue. Tried it on. I LOOKED SO COOL.

Is this thing huge now? Because it looks so good, I thought. He then told me that celebs are wearing this now. I googled, this thing’s been around for more than a year. Well, that shows you how ignorant I am XD

I was so tempted to get it, but getting it would mean that I’m not sticking to my mission i.e. buying prescription glasses. So asked for the guy’s card and told him that I’ll think them over.

Dior So Real

Giving this a few months to see whether I’ll still be into it.

Farah Waheda Wahid
    June 22, 2015 at 3:21 PM

heyyy, dior is one of my favourite too you know… he he he… bila nak beli sunglass mesti cari dior dulu.

June 23, 2015 at 7:20 PM

I like Dior frames but my nose bridge is too Asian for them to handle heh.

Rara
    June 22, 2015 at 11:53 PM

How much kat Reliance Optical tu Mia? I selalu nampak orang jual kat IG about RM1800 if I’m not mistaken

June 22, 2015 at 11:57 PM

Serious? It’s less at the store. Eh but janganlah take rose gold and blue tu. I chup!!!

Rara
        June 23, 2015 at 12:42 PM

haha.. go buy it now! nanti orang lain sambar.
        anyway I check IG balik, rupanya different price according to color. From this certain seller, RM 1800 tu for crystal & blue. yag lain all less than that..

June 23, 2015 at 7:16 PM

OMG YOU’RE RIGHT. Called the guy up and he said the one I tried on just sold T.T I think the Rose Gold that I want is the most mahal of the lot, but there it was RM1.5k ish.

Sigh. I need to go on a hunt now. Restless dah.

Kirin Hanaffi
    June 23, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Mia… While I was in Rotterdam last 2 weeks kawan suruh Carikan for this model. Susah jugak nak jumpa and most of the kedai dah sold out atau diorg x jual sbb terlampau mahal. Model yg ada time tu mcm mia minat and another one pink and brown. The price if converted x lebih RM1200 rasanya. Tapi mmg sgt cantik….

June 23, 2015 at 7:19 PM

OMG I posted about this too late. If not I could shamelessly kirim from you hahaha XD

Zara
    June 24, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Yea the Dior sunnies are really famous now. Loved that Olivia pic, btw 🙂 I think Vivy has them as well..ask her where she gets them haha

June 25, 2015 at 12:20 AM

I went to another optician today. He told me So Real is “so last year” and suggested I take the Technologic XD But it can’t beat So Real IMO. I found a place to get it!

Oh yeah someone tagged me on Vivy’s pic. I like her color too!

ZF
    June 26, 2015 at 9:45 PM

which other optician, mia? no, am not gonna steal your so real.. heheh, just keeping my options open.. i’m planning to get new daily glasses…

June 28, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Specs Shop at Hartamas. They’re ordering more!

sara
    July 5, 2015 at 5:50 AM

Hey mia. gila lama i x betul betul baca your blog. finally bukak. miss reading la! btw, this one was my dream sunnies last year. sibuk discuss dgn my friend nak beli and she advised me to just wait for high street copies nanti. since sunnies mahal2 buat apa. but i have to say i am glad i waited. because i fell in love with the prada cinema ones. yg tu i bought the mango version but rasa tak satisified sangat. and i kept thinking about the prada ones. so i decided to just buy them anyway and then the colour i wanted was sold out EVERYWHERE! you know that feeling when you nak beli tapi dah takde amat sakit hati. so one day masa saja jalan kat amsterdam singgah the prada store. at that time i told myself kalau dapat the leopard colour pun jadi la since i know it was even sold out online kat prada. tggl black and silver or leopard frames je. alhamdulillah i was so lucky the guy said the black ones baru sampai that morning, limited quantity and i grabbed them. i was the happiest girl in the world! pengajarannya mengikut harold kalau dah termimpi mimpi sangat just buy, jangan sampai dah sold out merata kang merengek and teringat ingat then cranky. hahahahahaha. somehow, i always tunggu tunggu sekali dah sold out mula melalak. how la like that? wish you all the best with you dior so real!

July 5, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Sara, where have you been?! I actually dreamt about them 😀 I’m still contemplating. Reserved a pair from a store but haven’t gotten the chance to check them out. Also troubled by the fact that there are plenty of copiss on Instagram T.T Rasa macam tak best pulak :/